Saturday 11 January 2014

Congratulations

Less is More Challenge -   Week 154 OLC Hearts

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge:   #1: Restocking the Shelves


The challenge for Less is More this week is a OLC using Hearts, ideal for me today, as I had to make an engagement card for friends.  

I wanted to create a frame to stamp my owl images into, so I made a heart template out of paper. This was stuck to the front of my card using some washi tape, then I repeatedly stamped my background.

After drawing a branch, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my owls. It was only after I had stamped these owls, that I realised that they too contained a heart shape which fitted in with the challenge!!

The sentiment was stamped in the same colour as the branch to complete my card.



Products used:
Crumb Cake Card stock - Stampin' Up!
Flexible Ornate Stamp Set - Lakeland
You're A Hoot - Clearly Besotted
Occassions Stamp Set - Stamposaurus
Old Olive Ink Pad - Stampin' Up!
Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!
Early Espresso Stampin' Write - Stampin' Up!

You may also like:
    

6 comments:

  1. This is terrific Jackie... what cute little owls... lots of hearts too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, the owls are perfect inside the masked heat. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've lined your background up beautifully Jackie and I love the masked heart to showcase those cute owls. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and pretty card! Love the masking and the repetition of the hearts...so perfect! Thanks for sharing this with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the owls are very cute!

    ReplyDelete