Wednesday 16 April 2014

Just a note to say ... ... happy birthday to you !

CAS.ology  NOTE


I knew straight away what I wanted to do for this weeks challenge, I dug out one of my Penny Black Stamps called "A Song For You". I wanted to keep the guitar very much centre stage, to fit in with the key word "note", so once I had stamped and coloured it in, I used Crystal Effects to highlight the guitar. 

The base of the card was cut away using a scallop edgelits, and the matching embossing folder was also used. Some red card was attached to the front of the card to bring out the colour of the guitar. 

A couple of music notes were added to finish the image.

On the inside of my card I added a light grey duplicate image with the rest of the sentiment.

Products used:
A Song For You - Penny Black
Crystal Effects - Stampin' Up!
Large Scallop Edgelits - Stampin' Up!
Adorning Accents Large Scallop Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up!
Teen Routine - Paper Smooches
Promarkers
Card Stock from stash

You may also like:
    

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how he's 'reaching' up to the mic! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So SWEET, love this design! Thanks so much for joining us and adding this lovely to the gallery! Hope you play again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so cute, perfectly coloured too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie he is Jackie. Love the way you used the edgelits too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete