Saturday 5 April 2014

Happy Birthday - A Touch Of Turquoise

Less is More Challenge -  Colour Week 166 - A Touch Of Turquoise


How lucky was I when I saw the challenge at Less is More this morning. Yesterday I had been making a card for a friend, and this dress is a spare I made up using the left over bits and pieces, and it just happened to have a "touch of turquoise".

I glued a piece of matching turquoise card to the inside, and then used my scallop die to create a shaped edge that allowed the colour to show through.

Using my new Dress Up Framelits Die, I cut out the dress twice, once from patterned card, and the other from turquoise card, this was then cut to look like a cardigan. Mini pearls for buttons and the necklace were used to finish it off.

The sentiment was stamped on to a scrap of turquoise card and cut out with a punch.

Products used:
Dress Up Framelits - Stampin' Up!
Edgelits Large Scallop - Stampin' Up!
Occasions Stamp Set - Stamposaurus
Basic Pearls - Stampin' Up!
Card stock from stash

You may also like:
    

4 comments:

  1. Jackie what a fun card, sweet necklace!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great fun!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little outfit you made Jackie - I'd wear that myself! Love the decorative edge on your card too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Jackie :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete