Friday 14 March 2014

Birthday Card with Bookmark

CAS(E) this Sketch:  #68


This weeks challenge, gave me the opportunity to try something that I've been wanting to do, since I received my Scallop Tag Topper Punch, and that is to make a bookmark with it.

The layout of the sketch meant that I could make my bookmark and slide it behind my sentiment panel.

I cut a 5cm panel out of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock, and shaped it with my Scallop Tag Topper Punch. My Owl Punch has been used to decorate it. A piece of ribbon was threaded through the top and tied together with some brown embroidery thread.

My second banner was made by using a scrap of Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper. I wanted my sentiment banner to tie in with my bookmark, so used my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch on both ends of a scrap of Naturals Ivory card stock. I used my Woodland Branch die to cut a branch for my Owl to perch on.  Some 3D pads were used behind my Owl to raise him up, so that he could slide down to rest on his perch. A couple of brads were used on either side of my sentiment banner to hold it to the front of the card, leaving space for the bookmark to slide behind. 


Products used:
Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Naturals Ivory Card stock - Stampin' Up!
Scallop Tag Topper Punch - Stampin' Up!
Owl Punch - Stampin' Up!
Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper - Stampin' Up!
Woodland Branch Die - Memory Box
Morning Meadow - Stampin' Up!
Brads, Ribbon and Embroidery Thread from stash

You may also like:
    

4 comments:

  1. What a clever way to incorporate a little gift in your card Jackie! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful way to include a bookmark! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love the bookmark and you did a great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete